trans shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans shops

Is there a difference between builders? Wright vs Rancho, Vs Benco etc?

I'm in the riverside area, and needing a rebuild on my S4S........ does anyone have feedback on local shops? and is there one I should avoid?

Rancho is the only shop I use. Sam is honest and meets his timeline. P
    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
    WELDING & FABRICATION
    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
    FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

I don't want to put any shops on blast, but I'll gladly share the good and bad (there actually were some good parts) of the shop I had been using. Or L.R.S. can share what he found when prepping my CVs (last "prepped" by the same shop). I am going to let Jeff use Rancho on mine this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmack View Post
        I don't want to put any shops on blast, but I'll gladly share the good and bad (there actually were some good parts) of the shop I had been using. Or L.R.S. can share what he found when prepping my CVs (last "prepped" by the same shop). I am going to let Jeff use Rancho on mine this time around.
        lets hear it! some experiences shared helps everyone out.... or at least helps members out.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire231 View Post

lets hear it! some experiences shared helps everyone out.... or at least helps members out.
          Can't do it.

Comment

Folts is gonna do my 2d this off season. He does all of ours in our group and we don’t have anything bad to say about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmack View Post

Can't do it.
              To be fair you had a shock rebuilder pull your trans and half-ass the install. I don't know who he had rebuild your 2D but other than a potential problem from this past weekend hasn't the trans been in the car for a few seasons?
              LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
              RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
              WELDING & FABRICATION
              CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post

To be fair you had a shock rebuilder pull your trans and half-ass the install. I don't know who he had rebuild your 2D but other than a potential problem from this past weekend hasn't the trans been in the car for a few seasons?
                That is not 100% correct. The shock guy has only touched the shocks. The trans shop has always done the removal and half-ass installs, as well as rebuilds on the trans. It has been there 3 times total, I bought the car with a bad trans, then a bearing went bad 2nd trip out on that refresh, and then I exploded my cases and ended up with the DECO cases now (Used to have the XDC cases). The trans shop did the CV prep last time, and were also behind several of the other issues with the car you are aware of. The trans has 2.5 seasons on it now, and has been trouble free during that time. I only get 15-20 days in the sand a year, so it doesn't get heavy use, but as you know I also like to beat the snot out of my car when I am there, so that easily offsets the minimal days in the sand.

On the plus side, they opened up the shop after hours (over Christmas) so I could drop the car off on my way out of town (in fact I have never been there during regular business hours). That alone made me keep going back. Prior to meeting you, I would have continued using them, but now that I have another option I want to cut ties.

Comment

Wright is right down the street from me.... I have had buddy's have some good luck. My only experience with them was a CV service on my first car (about 5 years ago) where they must have used a pressure washer to clean all the cv's off before removal, because when I got my car back, it had CV grease EVERYWHERE... seats, shocks, case, etc. So after that.... I'm questionable about returning.

will most likely go with Rancho since they come recommended by the guy who probably does the most prep around.

Comment

anyone ever use Benco? This seems like a pretty bold claim

http://bencotransaxles.com/bond/

Comment

Originally posted by Empire231 View Post
                      anyone ever use Benco? This seems like a pretty bold claim

http://bencotransaxles.com/bond/
                      That's a very bold statement. I'd like to read the fine print on the contract.
                      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                      WELDING & FABRICATION
                      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post

That's a very bold statement. I'd like to read the fine print on the contract.
                        mabe there is something wrong with my computer but everything on thier web site is in spanish so no comprendey lol

Comment

Originally posted by jersey_jeff73 View Post

mabe there is something wrong with my computer but everything on thier web site is in spanish so no comprendey lol
                          Haha the about us section is in Spanish. I even put it in google translator, and it didn’t make any sense

Comment

Mcmullen is the man. But he’s AZ. So probably not helpful.

McDowell camps with some buddies of mine and he seems like a good dude. He’s out your way somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by nickc313 View Post
                              Mcmullen is the man. But he’s AZ. So probably not helpful.

McDowell camps with some buddies of mine and he seems like a good dude. He’s out your way somewhere
                              Mcdowell did my 2d great guy realy went out of the way to help me. i live in nj and the trans was making some bad noise so on sunday before i left i pulled the trans and disassembled it had a part list and was calling around early sunday morning left messages to a few different places. He call me back i described my situation and that i was flying home later that night. He told me come right down and he would get right on it at first i was only looking to get some parts but very glad i had him rebuild it. i got to his shop around 8 he had called one of his guys in to help with it. the trans in a milk crate totally disassembled he wound up changing two gear sets, blocking ring, shift fork and all the bearings. did a real first rate job and had me on my way by noon . the trans was great for the next two seasons after that i upgraded to a pbs and a supercharger. i couldnt thank him enough really saved me alot of time and headaches i got back to the dunes around three put the trans back in and made it to the airport in pheonix for a midnight flight . Mcdowell is near sandiego

Comment

Working...
                              X