Time for boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodSmith32 View Post
    Our cars are becoming more similar with every upgrade. Your new motor looks like mine
    My pulleys are chrome so I have more HP then you!

How's your car been? You like it?
    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
    WELDING & FABRICATION
    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
    FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post

My pulleys are chrome so I have more HP then you!

How's your car been? You like it?
      Chrome is proven HP!

I like the car but it has been a roller coaster for sure.

Too make a long story short the motor melted down on the first trip. I just finished reinstalling the rebuild to find out that the computer will not connect and allow it to be tuned. Now I need to update the computer because I'm not interested in melting another motor if the tune is crap.

All the fun of purchasing a used toy!

Comment

Got my LS2 today and I'm off sorkntill Sunday night so I won't be posting much till then.

But for now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_165207.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	31955

Name:	20200117_165216.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	31956

LS2 stroker, Magna Charger MP122H, 4" crank so 417cui (I think?), CNC ported heads, Manley rods and pistons, more stuff I can't remember... we built this thing to years ago. Need to go through my files and find the build sheet.

​​​​​​​
        LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
        RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
        WELDING & FABRICATION
        CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Congrats Jeff. Your car is really coming together. Boost will be soooo much fun

Comment

Name:	pd1y7.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	31960
            Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
            Got my LS2 today and I'm off sorkntill Sunday night so I won't be posting much till then.

But for now...

Name:	20200117_165207.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	31955

Name:	20200117_165216.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	31956

LS2 stroker, Magna Charger MP122H, 4" crank so 417cui (I think?), CNC ported heads, Manley rods and pistons, more stuff I can't remember... we built this thing to years ago. Need to go through my files and find the build sheet.

Comment

Got a lot done this weekend! PArt of the agreement for selling my LS7 was a leak down and compression test. My partner Brad stopped by the other day and we knocked that out. I wasn't sure what to expect with this LS7. It was built in 2008 and was in a very large/heavy prerunner car for at least 5 years. Then I acquired it an have had it in my car since April 2017 so it has about 2 1/2 Glamis seasons on it.

Name:	20200117_165858.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	31964

Name:	20200117_171545.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	31963

Name:	20200117_174553.jpg
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	31965
              These are really good numbers for an engine with so many hours on it.

Name:	20200119_124412.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	5.10 MB
ID:	31966
              Out it goes.

Name:	20200119_143013.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	4.42 MB
ID:	31967

Name:	20200119_143033.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	31968 Not nearly as much clutch dust in my Albins as the Mendeola bell housing this engine is going into.

LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
              RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
              WELDING & FABRICATION
              CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

I measured my clitch disks and sent an email to [email protected] to see what he thinks. And then I installed the clutch onto the LS2 and slapped in into my car. Hopefully, Sean tells me the clutch is within spec and I can keep running it...

Name:	20200119_155358.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	31970

Name:	20200119_155427.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	31971

Name:	20200119_155444.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	31972
                LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                WELDING & FABRICATION
                CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

The LS2 in installed so the easy part is done.

Name:	20200119_164433.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	31974
                  So much chrome! Even the water pump is polished. Speaking of which, notice the radiator line on top of the water pump? It's a big ass -20AN fitting. I run -16AN radiator lines so I needed to change the water pump. No problem! I'll pull the one off my LS7 because it has the -16AN fitting already pressed in.

Name:	20200119_164828.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	31975

Name:	20200119_194230.jpg
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	31976I pulled the polished WP off the LS 2 and notice the restrictor plate inside. Never seen that before.

Name:	20200119_192912.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	31977I installed my LS7 water pump with the AN fittings already on and quickly noticed that this ain't gonna work. The radiator line hits the SC belt. Dammit.

I sent a pic to my partner Brad and said we probably had to cut the -20AN fitting off and weld on a -16AN fitting. He said he'd look on JEGS and Summit for an adapter and sure as shit he found a -20 female to a -16 male reducer. I ordered it up and installed the polished WP back on the engine.

Name:	20200119_185335.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	31978

Unfortunately, this is about all I will be doing to this car for the next few days while I pick up the Mendeola from Rancho tomorrow and get it installed in the car, then install my LS7 and deliver the car to San Diego for plumbing and wiring.
                  LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                  RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                  WELDING & FABRICATION
                  CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Looks bad ass! And I like the polished and chrome motor.
                    Black on the entire car, and chrome on the motor. Nothing better!

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mamba View Post
                      Looks bad ass! And I like the polished and chrome motor.
                      Black on the entire car, and chrome on the motor. Nothing better!
                      I knew you'd like the shinny shit!
                      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                      WELDING & FABRICATION
                      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

3 years ago when I pulled the LS7 out of the car I was prepping I just set it in the back of my shop and maybe a year later finally got it installed in my car. Along with the LS7 I opted to get a new LS bell housing and 10.4" dual disk clutch from [email protected]. I was trying to 'do it right' the first time. Once installed I was having trouble getting the clutch bled and working correctly. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Sean. I checked the master cylinder and it was a 5/8" which is really small. But my car was built in 2005, had a 9" clutch, and that was probably a 'good' sized master back then. Jamar had a direct bolt-in replacement 78" bore master and once that was installed all my clutch problems were solved. Anyone who has ever driven my car, or at least moved it around camp, has asked what clutch I have because it's butter. I drive a lot of cars on/off my trailer for transport jobs and I'm constantly surprised at how hard some of the clutches are in various cars.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200112_123821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	31987

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200112_124327.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	31988
                        When I pulled the trans out of the car I'm putting my LS7 into I notice a lot of clutch dust. A LOT! I let the car's owner know about it and said I'd measure it and call Sean. He suggested that if his clutch was bad maybe I could leave my clutch on the LS7 and he'd get me a replacement since we run the exact same 10.4" Weddle dual disk. I was not keen on this idea. I knew my clutch was barely 2 seasons old and it worked great so I didn't want to mess that up. I pulled my clutch off the LS7 and was surprised at how thin it looked. Shit.

Name:	image_10779.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	31989
                        Dropped the Mendeola S5 off at Rancho for a 'race prep'. Sam found 2nd gear starting to pit and called to let me know. I called the car's owner and he said he mostly dunes in 2nd so he wanted it replaced.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200119_143033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.07 MB ID:	31990
                        My Albins before any cleaning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200119_144538.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.20 MB ID:	31991 And after hitting it with the compressor. Not too bad at all, but I did also use brake clean and more air.

LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                        RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                        WELDING & FABRICATION
                        CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

I was concerned about my clutch so I measured it and sent pics to [email protected] .

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200119_155358.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.76 MB ID:	31993

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200119_155444.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	31994

Sean called me this morning and said that a new disk will be .350 thick so my disks looked almost brand new. HUGE RELIEF! Especially because the clutch is already installed on my new LS2 which is bolted in my car. He also told me a few other things to check to make sure my clutch was 100% good to go. I know I say it all the time but don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call Sean. Even for simple questions.

Or to ask him if you did something really stupid to your LS/Albins install a couple of years ago and just found it now...
                          LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                          RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                          WELDING & FABRICATION
                          CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Name:	20200119_153229.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	31996
                            This is the rear of my LS7, just like when I pulled it out of the car 3 years ago. As stated earlier my clutch had been really great and trouble-free.

Name:	20200119_153219.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	31997
                            This is the rear of my new LS2. Notice anything? What's up with the pilot bearing?

Why does the LS7 have a little tiny needle bearing and the LS2 have a flush mount factory GM pilot bearing? And more importantly, do I need to swap them? It sucks removing them. It was Sunday afternoon but I took some pics and text Sam at Rancho (I'm lucky to have the contacts that I do). Sam called right away and asked what the hell I was doing? I gave him a little history on the two engines and that they were both bolted up to an Albins H pattern and both were working great. He said I should measure how far the input shaft protrudes from the bell housing on my Albins to see if it is contacting the inset pilot bearing on my LS7.

Name:	20200119_154637.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	31998
                            There is no way this input shaft is contacting the pilot bearing at all. How is it even working? He said I could take a chance and try to install it and see if it works, so I did. Seemed to go in and bolt up just like normal.

I also sent these pics to Sean and we talked about it this morning. He said the Mendeola S5 has a longer input shaft and needs the small inset needle pilot bearing but my Albins needs the stock GM flush mount pilot bearing. I asked how was it possible that I didn't have any issues after two seasons and he said the Albins has an input shaft bearing just behind the bell housing and that probably saved my trans. Don't know if I'd rather be lucky or good, but I'll take the later for this go around. And I learned something new.

LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                            RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                            WELDING & FABRICATION
                            CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

You are really are lucky to have all the contacts. With all the combos of bell housing, clutches, throw outs, and pilots sometimes it really hard to know what we need. I had my trans out for service and got a new throw out from the trans guy and it wouldn't go over the throw out sleeve. I had to put it on my lathe and bore out the plastic a little.
                              JC Whips and Shyt For all your whip and Sand Jack Needs
                              Check out my Instagram jc_whipsandshyt
                              858-692-7211

Comment

Good stuff here. And it's great you can call the pros. And that makes it easy for us. We just call you!

Comment

Working...
                                X