Name:	20170513_085447.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	7696Click image for larger version

Name:	20170513_085602.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	7697
    Wanted to give props to Jim at VIP rv service. I have been reading about his business ethics for years. I own a 07 LE3505 That needed some love. I finally was in a position to give the trailer to them and let them so their thing. His business is thriving so you have to call early to book an appointment that would probably be a month later.
    We just had necessities handled on a limited budget but couldn't be happier with the results. The main reason was to to the frame lift ,roof reseal,side seam redone(mine was crack and missing pieces),and some other minor things.

From the first call to the day picking up after completed Jim was very straight forward and easy to deal with. Just wanted to say anyone that is contemplating doing it ,you won't be disappointed. These guys had some major over hauls going on so I am sure nothing is out of the ordinary for them to handle.

Nice! I plan to get mine out there soon. 33ft Attitude 5'ver.

Comment

Nice to hear there's a good RV guy out there. I have an idea to add a pull out 'island' counter top in my coach and have no idea where to take it. He may be a good person to contact when I'm ready.
      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
      WELDING & FABRICATION
      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
      FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

How much was the roof reseal? I also have a 2007 LE3505 and wanted to get the roof resealed this summer. Thank you.
        2011 2500 Denali Duramax
        2007 WW LE3505
        2005 YFZ450
        New toy coming soon

Comment

It's nice to see somebody you can trust in the industry. I don't know what it is about RV/trailer repairs that seems to attract shady businesses and shoddy work.
          -TJ

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it dune"

Comment

Originally posted by Air450 View Post
            Nice! I plan to get mine out there soon. 33ft Attitude 5'ver.
            You will be real happy with the results. Just feels solid walking around as before it would bounce/flex in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
              Nice to hear there's a good RV guy out there. I have an idea to add a pull out 'island' counter top in my coach and have no idea where to take it. He may be a good person to contact when I'm ready.
              Would be worth a shot for sure. Would be cool if Someone like Jim would design and build custom trailers from the beginning so you knew you were getting a solid trailer. Some of the trailers he was working on were only couple years old which shows how crappy these things are slapped together.

Comment

Originally posted by yfzkevin View Post
                How much was the roof reseal? I also have a 2007 LE3505 and wanted to get the roof resealed this summer. Thank you.
                That portion looks to be around 800ish. between labor/materials ,had some caps and minor things replaced. I went up there to look at the work and everything looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by tjZ06 View Post
                  It's nice to see somebody you can trust in the industry. I don't know what it is about RV/trailer repairs that seems to attract shady businesses and shoddy work.
                  I agree TJ, His location worked great for me but if I lived far from him I would make the trip for sure to know it was going to a reputable shop. I passed a few shops that are on the way. Either way I know most on this board have heard of Jim before but just wanted to give him props cause they were earned.

Comment

My 5th wheel is there right now. I live 90 miles away. And I won't take it anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickym20 View Post

That portion looks to be around 800ish. between labor/materials ,had some caps and minor things replaced. I went up there to look at the work and everything looked good.
                      Awesome, thank you very much for the info. I will be calling them up here in a few weeks to have some work done on the trailer. Thank you very much for posting the info for the rest of us trying to find a good place to take our rigs.
                      2011 2500 Denali Duramax
                      2007 WW LE3505
                      2005 YFZ450
                      New toy coming soon

Comment

Just got off the phone with Jim and he sent me some pics of my trailer.
                        Dropped it off for a kitchen repair and a hitch install.

My buggy fits extremely tight in my 5th wheel. And unfortunately my wing trunk slammed into my counter and stove on the road. Now I remove my wing before loading. Wish I had thought of that before the damage....

Anyways, he made the counter look like new, and he put a hinge on it. Now I wont have to worry about hitting it again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_134141.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	8371

Name:	20170409_165921.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	8372

Name:	20170409_165901.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	8370

Name:	IMG954902.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	8368

Name:	IMG954904.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	8367

Also, I had him install a hitch on the back so I can carry my kids quad back there. He said they welded on a couple of big crossmembers to hold the weight. Also welded on a tie down spot on the ramp so the atv rack won't bounce. Looks pretty sweet!

Name:	IMG954905.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	8366

Name:	IMG954906.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	8369

Name:	IMG954907.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	8373

Comment

Would like to add my experience with Jim Goodwin as I feel he deserves the recognition for his work. For those who don't know, Jim was a shop manager at Warrior in the hay day and when the sagging walls/ floor separation issue came up HE was the one who developed the fix everyone does on them. AND, he was at RV Doctor's when they got a reputation for being the one to fix them after Warrior went away. Now he is independent and has his own shop in Menifee. About 2 years ago he worked on our WW 4005+5. Floor and Sidewalls started to separate and were able to get it covered by insurance. After I filed the claim and told them I had a shop I wanted to use I never had to deal with insurance again. He took care of everything with them and kept me in the loop the entire way. At the same time, we had him upgrade the landing jacks, repair and reseal the roof, add a second grey tank, and add weather covers. Everything done and picked up the trailer. First trip and the only problem was the new grey tank wouldn't fill. He had never had an issue with it but I figured out there needed to be a vent on top to cross over to the main grey tank. There was no way to tie into the vent stack directly. He never had this issue with others but it could be specific to the way my extra tank had to be added and plumbed in. He got me in the week I got back from my trip, fixed it at no charge, and called me 2 days earlier than he said he would be able to get to it. He apologized for making me make an extra trip (luckily he is only an hour away), and said that he will always stand behind his work. I was always informed with pictures and a phone call of what was going on and anything he found. He ALWAYS answered my calls and the one call he didn't answer, I received a call back within the hour. I call that pretty damn good service as well as the work he did. I am more than satisfied with his work and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing service on their trailer or coach.

Name:	IMAG1344.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	11371Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1345.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	554.2 KB
ID:	11372
                          East Bound and Down .... To Glamis!!!

Comment

Good to know there is a reputable RV guy out there Thanks
                            JC Whips and Shyt For all your whip and Sand Jack Needs
                            Check out my Instagram jc_whipsandshyt
                            858-692-7211

Comment

Originally posted by RootBeerFloats View Post
                              Would like to add my experience with Jim Goodwin as I feel he deserves the recognition for his work. For those who don't know, Jim was a shop manager at Warrior in the hay day and when the sagging walls/ floor separation issue came up HE was the one who developed the fix everyone does on them. AND, he was at RV Doctor's when they got a reputation for being the one to fix them after Warrior went away. Now he is independent and has his own shop in Menifee. About 2 years ago he worked on our WW 4005+5. Floor and Sidewalls started to separate and were able to get it covered by insurance. After I filed the claim and told them I had a shop I wanted to use I never had to deal with insurance again. He took care of everything with them and kept me in the loop the entire way. At the same time, we had him upgrade the landing jacks, repair and reseal the roof, add a second grey tank, and add weather covers. Everything done and picked up the trailer. First trip and the only problem was the new grey tank wouldn't fill. He had never had an issue with it but I figured out there needed to be a vent on top to cross over to the main grey tank. There was no way to tie into the vent stack directly. He never had this issue with others but it could be specific to the way my extra tank had to be added and plumbed in. He got me in the week I got back from my trip, fixed it at no charge, and called me 2 days earlier than he said he would be able to get to it. He apologized for making me make an extra trip (luckily he is only an hour away), and said that he will always stand behind his work. I was always informed with pictures and a phone call of what was going on and anything he found. He ALWAYS answered my calls and the one call he didn't answer, I received a call back within the hour. I call that pretty damn good service as well as the work he did. I am more than satisfied with his work and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing service on their trailer or coach.

Name:	IMAG1344.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	11371Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1345.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	554.2 KB
ID:	11372
                              Root Beer Float, what was the process for getting yours covered by insurance. Mine has had the floor and wall seperation start, Jim quoted me a couple grand to fix, which is not a big deal, but if I could get it covered by insurance even better!
                              The Dirty Duner Show

Your Podcast For Everything Dune and Dirt
                              Dirtydunershow.com
                              Find the show on FB and IG.

Comment

Working...
                              X