Everybody's first trip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody's first trip??

When is everyone heading out for their first trip? I want to go the weekend before the #shitshow (Oct18-20) but I don't think anyone in my group will make it.
    JC Whips and Shyt For all your whip and Sand Jack Needs
    Check out my Instagram jc_whipsandshyt
    858-692-7211

It all really depends on the weather! If there’s a cool weekend early oct I’ll drag the first of my shit out. I usually do a “real trip” thurs-sun/mon a week or 2 before camp rzr but then usually go to camp rzr too. That’s a HUGE social weekend out there and I honestly enjoy watching the madness. Yes, the duning isn’t the best, but that’s a fun people watching, beer drinking and hanging out kind of weekend. It’s a “season opener” that is always a good time.

I KNOW the dunes aren’t the best on the “big weekends” but I’m honestly out there every other weekend so I love duning on the “off weekends” and hanging out with everyone on the big weekends. Doesn’t bother me being out there when it’s a complete shit show, I kind of enjoy watching it

Comment

Originally posted by nickc313 View Post
      It all really depends on the weather! If there’s a cool weekend early oct I’ll drag the first of my shit out. I usually do a “real trip” thurs-sun/mon a week or 2 before camp rzr but then usually go to camp rzr too. That’s a HUGE social weekend out there and I honestly enjoy watching the madness. Yes, the duning isn’t the best, but that’s a fun people watching, beer drinking and hanging out kind of weekend. It’s a “season opener” that is always a good time.

I KNOW the dunes aren’t the best on the “big weekends” but I’m honestly out there every other weekend so I love duning on the “off weekends” and hanging out with everyone on the big weekends. Doesn’t bother me being out there when it’s a complete shit show, I kind of enjoy watching it
      Well said!! I like your style sir
      858-692-7211

Comment

looks like oct 18 thru the 27th and then nov1 to nov 10th

Comment

Might not be till Thanksgiving for us. I have a hunting trip and a bunch of other stuff October and November. Might try to squeeze in a day trip somewhere

Comment

This is going to be a different kind of season for me because of the new job. I don't have vacation days until Dec 17th on my 1 year anniversary. I do have 4 'banked ' holidays I can use whenever I want so I'm trying to manipulate the shift schedule so I'm off for Halloween and Vet's weekends and I'll use two of my holidays to make them 4 day weekends. I'm probably screwed for Thanksgiving week because a few guys already have that off. I don't celebrate Christmas so I always volunteer to work it if I can get New Years weekend off. If that works out I'll use some of my two weeks of vacation days to make New Years a 10 day trip. Fortunately, my supervisor is really cool and lets me 'work' the schedule when possible an if I keep it on the down-low and not brag to my fellow Engineers. For the SSSS I asked to stay on graveyard shift for an extra two weeks so I can have that weekend off and he did me a solid and scheduled me for 3 days off if I was willing to work a double shift later that week. I said hell yeah! But I don't get OT for the double shift, which is fine with me.

Worst case this season will be a bunch of 3 day weekends. Because of this I'm considering storing my RV and enclosed at Dunes Edge or GDS because that saves me $250 R/T driving it out there. And if I'm just driving my Dmax I can bring a flatbed to haul a car and get pa-pa-paid to go to Glamis.

And I'm with you nickc313 I like to see the shit show.
            LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
            RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
            WELDING & FABRICATION
            CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
            FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Probably Vets for me

Comment

Damn kid has football games every Saturday from here on out. And if they do well into vets weekend and thanksgiving. I may make a shakedown October day trip if weather permits.

Comment

Vets weekend for us. Thursday-Monday probably. I've got 6 scheduled trips this year and would like to throw in a couple more spontaneous trips. We did a late May trip last season that the weather/dunes were perfect. If I could squeeze in another one of those too, it'll be a successful season.

Andrew

Comment

Was going to do Halloweener first, Vets second, Thanksgiving 3rd, Then X-mas to New Years for the first 4. At this point only Vets is looking like it's materializing because of the groups dividing up on different weekends. Next weekend i'll see everyone at SSSS and actually make plans.

Guess I should probably take the car out of the trailer and prep it huh?.....

Comment

Looks like lots of folks going out for Turkey Day. think this will be the first year I don't do thanksgiving out in the sand. (I also say that every year... ) but sadly, a key player in the 'pad 2 crew' sold off his toy hauler and buggy and bought a cabin in forest lakes and a rzr instead. He/his family are usually the thanksgiving hosts out there and they will be going to the cabin this year instead. My family always finds it weird (probably even a little shitty) I don't do thanksgiving with them but instead spend it in the sand dunes with my sand family lol. Maybe this year I will stay at home with them, idk. I've always enjoyed doing thanksgiving out there. We've had some awesome trips during that week

Comment

vets for us.

Comment

Most likely Thanksgiving week will be our first trip to Glamis. I took that week off. Gonna hit up sand mountain nv a couple times before Glamis, since it's much closer where to where I'm currently at (Clearlake, CA).

Comment

Sat down with my supervisor this afternoon and managed to get Oct 16th to 18th off work so that will be my first trip. It's a Wednesday to Friday so just me and no kids. Then he did me a solid and gave me Oct 24th to 28th off so that will be my second trip and I'll bring the kids. Pretty sure Vet's weekend won't be an issue but Thanksgiving week or weekend is going to be tough.
                            LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                            RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                            WELDING & FABRICATION
                            CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
                            FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                              Sat down with my supervisor this afternoon and managed to get Oct 16th to 18th off work so that will be my first trip. It's a Wednesday to Friday so just me and no kids. Then he did me a solid and gave me Oct 24th to 28th off so that will be my second trip and I'll bring the kids. Pretty sure Vet's weekend won't be an issue but Thanksgiving week or weekend is going to be tough.
                              So will you be there for the weekend or just Wed to Fri?
                              858-692-7211

Comment

Working...
                              X