Winchester Bay Labor Day Trip Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grey Mamba View Post
    Beautiful scenery. Looks like a perfect place for me to break out the ole dirt bike again.
    Yes you totally should! This was the first time I didn't have my kx450 with me. All the tree runs are for quads so just stay to one side and treat it like single track and it's super fun.

Comment

Originally posted by acefuture View Post

Run EPS. I put the Kartek one on my car. Works great. I had one from a guy at the sand show on my last car. I think his name was Harvey and he was at the Sand Limo booth. Was selling them for $450 and it worked really good and had a control knob to adjust it as well.
      Yeah I was looking back at your build thread to see how you did it. I'll have to stop by Joe's booth this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by cseeley View Post

Yeah I was looking back at your build thread to see how you did it. I'll have to stop by Joe's booth this weekend.
        Here's his number so you don't have to stop by Joe Crook booth.

Harvey 951-213-1114
        LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
        RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
        WELDING & FABRICATION
        CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
        FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post

Here's his number so you don't have to stop by Joe Crook booth.

Harvey 951-213-1114
          Thank You!

Comment

We were up there last week in July for Dunefest. Lots of family friendly fun and bands on Fri/Sat. night. There is some incredible tracks through the trees and sea-grass that is like a roller coaster for the SxS/quads. Gotta be careful about the head-on's though. Was talking to a local up there and he said they are close to getting an easement (he said about 100 yards wide) to connect Winchester Bay to Coos Bay which would be insane. You know you're not in Kalifornia when they are talking about OPENING up more riding areas...….

Comment

Originally posted by 1newbie View Post
              We were up there last week in July for Dunefest. Lots of family friendly fun and bands on Fri/Sat. night. There is some incredible tracks through the trees and sea-grass that is like a roller coaster for the SxS/quads. Gotta be careful about the head-on's though. Was talking to a local up there and he said they are close to getting an easement (he said about 100 yards wide) to connect Winchester Bay to Coos Bay which would be insane. You know you're not in Kalifornia when they are talking about OPENING up more riding areas...….
              Yeah the park host (Douglas County Worker aka government) said the same thing. They're aware of the Pismo Beach closures and have been getting more visitors and want to make this area a destination for duners. The county ohv parks are all getting renovated too. It's cool that they are 'pro ohv', at least for now. Of course there's always some liberal that tries to ruin it for everyone. Apparently for dune fest they were going to open up more ohv lanes to the pizza place and convenient stores in Winchester, but a noisy local threw a fit and stopped that.

Comment

Originally posted by cseeley View Post

Yeah the park host (Douglas County Worker aka government) said the same thing. They're aware of the Pismo Beach closures and have been getting more visitors and want to make this area a destination for duners. The county ohv parks are all getting renovated too. It's cool that they are 'pro ohv', at least for now. Of course there's always some liberal that tries to ruin it for everyone. Apparently for dune fest they were going to open up more ohv lanes to the pizza place and convenient stores in Winchester, but a noisy local threw a fit and stopped that.
                I heard the resort has been extremely vocal against OHV usage on the streets and in town. Which sucks cause the dunes/riding was there way before that resort. We stayed there one year and were treated as the bastard step child for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X