gps tracker for toys and trailers ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps tracker for toys and trailers ???

I am getting everything ready to bring out to storage soon after seeing a few post of stolen stuff i guess it time to put trackers on some of the stuff. does anyone here sell them or have any advice on what to get. ive been searching on the internet and there are so many to chose from anywhere from 8 to 25 a month think ill need 5 or 6 units and what sim would work best in glamis ive seen verizon att and a few off brand. any info would be apreciated. 3 wired units and 3 battery units

This is the one I have. I have it hidden on the underside of my car, and it's stored in my trailer. So assuming no one steals just the trailer and leaves my sand car behind, I can track both. I have the most frequent pings and it lasts about 3 months on a battery charge. But I throw an external charger on it every once in awhile to recharge it. It's damn accurate in how close it tells me where the trailer and car are.

https://www.amazon.com/Trak-4-Mobile...gateway&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by acefuture View Post
      This is the one I have. I have it hidden on the underside of my car, and it's stored in my trailer. So assuming no one steals just the trailer and leaves my sand car behind, I can track both. I have the most frequent pings and it lasts about 3 months on a battery charge. But I throw an external charger on it every once in awhile to recharge it. It's damn accurate in how close it tells me where the trailer and car are.

Do you use a specific app for that?

Comment

Originally posted by acefuture View Post

thanks i was looking at that one but wasn't sure how well it worked its on att and 3g around here 3g does not work very well i think they have been phasing it out. i definitely like the price the yearly subscription is about half all the other ones ive been looking at

Comment

Great topic. I plan to buy four of these for my three trailers and the car.

It would be really nice if LA County would invest in some of these. When I got to work at 10 pm the other night one of the evening shift guys walked out and asked if I saw who just took our portable generator. I said yeah, the electricians took the big genny a month ago and I logged it in the book. He said he knew they took that one but someone just drove off with the other one, like 5 minutes ago. Oh shit. I worked my shift and when I showed up the next night there was a police report for the stolen generator. This was not a run of the mill "...hey look at that, let's grab it..." kind of theft. This needs a pintle hitch and you have to know how to hook that up. I'd bet they've been scoping it out for a while as well as our routines for when we are outside taking readings and such, which is kind of scary.
          LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
          RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
          WELDING & FABRICATION
          CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
          FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Following. I have been wanting to get these for my car and trailers as well. I only see my stuff a handful of times a year. I always have my fingers crossed when I fly out, hoping everything is still there!

Comment

Originally posted by punkur67 View Post

Do you use a specific app for that?
              Just their website. You register your specific unit and set the frequency of pings. Obviously the less pings, the longer the battery lasts, the site says it can last a year on one charge with the least frequent pings which I think is every other day.

Originally posted by jersey_jeff73 View Post

thanks i was looking at that one but wasn't sure how well it worked its on att and 3g around here 3g does not work very well i think they have been phasing it out. i definitely like the price the yearly subscription is about half all the other ones ive been looking at
              If it looses cell service what it does is shows about a half mile radius around where the last known ping was. Which isn't super helpful if it's on the move, but at least it does something. The one downfall is it has a hard time targeting what the exact location is when it's under several layers of metal. Since it's triangulated by satelite, if the unit is under my rear seat of my sand car, the satelite has to go through the roof of my trailer, roof of my sand car, seat, metal box, and then the electrical panel. So sometimes it'll lose it and revert to the half mile radius. Which is fine with me because I can see it hasn't moved. I believe if the unit moves, it'll send you updates as well which is nice.

Comment

im going to get one of these and see how it works https://www.lonestartracking.com/tra...proof-tracker/

Comment

well i talked to ryan in their sales department very knowledgeable and helpful i wound up getting wired ones with a backup battery. he gave me a discount and will reprogram them for 2 min updates while moving the units sleep and ping every 12 hrs until they move. I got 6 of them wanted 3 for the truck and trailers and the other 3 for the toys this way a can find my kids and friends when they get lost https://www.lonestartracking.com/tra...ailer-tracker/ i should have them in a few days ill post again after they are all up and running just need some boost control stickers to disguise them.

Comment

well i talked to ryan in their sales department very knowledgeable and helpful i wound up getting wired ones with a backup battery. he gave me a discount and will reprogram them for 2 min updates while moving the units sleep and ping every 12 hrs until they move. I got 6 of them wanted 3 for the truck and trailers and the other 3 for the toys this way a can find my kids and friends when they get lost https://www.lonestartracking.com/tra...ailer-tracker/ i should have them in a few days ill post again after they are all up and running just need some boost control stickers to disguise them.
                    Looking forward to hearing how you like them.
                    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                    WELDING & FABRICATION
                    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Keep us updated. I would like to get something for my stuff

Comment

Ok I received the trackers they seem to be pretty robust they are water dust proof. I installed a few of them and drove around with one. They worked not a problem when I was driving they were updating about every 5 minutes and when they are stationary they report in twice a day. The units are 4 g on Verizon but they said the sims they use could also go on other carriers if I have a problem with signal. They are advised as a trailer tracker and you hook it up to a tail light wire to charge it up and with the internal battery it lasts about 90 days it has a shock sensor in it so it will wake up if it is moved. I haven’t done much testing but I like them. Once they all are hooked up I have to call them back and they are going to change the update frequency on the ones in the toys so I can watch where the other ones are while we are out in the dunes or desert. Two days after I received them they called me and wanted to know if I received them and if I needed any help so it seems like there is good product support there. It might of cost a little more than some others it was 1427.00 for six units and subscription for a year. So about 240 each

Comment

Thanks for the update. $240 for a year doesn't seem bad for piece-of-mind knowing your stuff is safer. Customer service seems legit too.
                          LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                          RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                          WELDING & FABRICATION
                          CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Working...
                          X