Let's talk pellet smokers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDuner View Post
    I have never been a "pellet smoker" person. I am not much of a cook anyways. We have always had a shitty little coleman grill we would throw in the Toyhauler. When I got rid of my WW and went to a Genesis though my underneath storage got cut in half. Rowley White had been working on a legit Traeger mount and theyve nailed it down pretty good. We use this thing every freaking trip now. Over labor day we did Bacon, I actually like cooking bacon now.

Me too.
    I'm an avid BBQ/smoker. I started on a Weber Smokey Mountain (still love it), and then bought a stickburner (barrel smoker with firebox attached) - harder to control the temp, but amazing flavor with a smoke ring to die for. I just bought a Camp Chef Pellet Grill last week (specs).
    This thing is amazing. If nothing else, the ability to set a temp, and not have to babysit it.
    So far I've cooked chicken, and baby back ribs. Both excellent. If anything, maybe even better than my stick burner. A controlled temp makes for a more tender meat.

upd: tender meat proofs added, as Saturdays dinner was delicious - so delicious, they were not serving photos made, sorry! I'm happy with results, m'lady is happy as well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by patrick_d; 12-01-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_d View Post

Me too.
      I'm an avid BBQ/smoker. I started on a Weber Smokey Mountain (still love it), and then bought a stickburner (barrel smoker with firebox attached) - harder to control the temp, but amazing flavor with a smoke ring to die for. I just bought a Camp Chef Pellet Grill last week.
      This thing is amazing. If nothing else, the ability to set a temp, and not have to babysit it.
      So far I've cooked chicken, and baby back ribs. Both excellent. If anything, maybe even better than my stick burner. A controlled temp makes for a more tender meat.
      Still loving my Camp Chef too. I do want one of Rowley's mounts for a grill on the back of the trailer, but I think I'd prob do a conventional gas grill. Doing ribs and stuff like that camping is awesome, but can take too much tending when you're trying to ride. Sometimes I just want to knock out some burgers or something which just don't work great on pellet grill/smokers (even the Woodwind which allows you to move the heat deflector out of the way).

-TJ

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it dune"

Comment

Working...
      X