No announcement yet.

Buying a house... in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it's illegal to park a car in a garage in California, and you have two in there. Other then that the new pad looks killer man. Congrats to you guys.
    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
    WELDING & FABRICATION
    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
    FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by WrTundra View Post
      Missed this thread. Totally feel you on this on so many levels. #3 reason I moved to Texas is housing cost. Living in Vancouver and feeling like I've done ok in life I was like if I really save all my money I can buy a 3 bedroom house for 9 million dollars in a place where it rains all the time.

Move to Texas!! You can do fun stuff with us like "Is 5k sqft enough for my shop? That means I'll need to unhook the trailer OR I can just double it I'll only be spending 600K for 3 acres in a safe neighborhood in some of the best schools in America"

AND!!! Its only 20 hrs from Glamis!

AND!!! Machine guns!

AND!!! No state tax!!

AND !!! MUD BOGS!!!

AND!!! (most importantly) People think I'm skinny as hell in this state!
      Not sure how I missed this thread, but F Texas! I've been here 10 years now, and I still hate this place. Hot, mosquitoes, mostly flat, generally boring, lakes suck, coastal areas are generally nasty, it's 20 hours to Glamis, and it's getting flooded with Californians...

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post

There are two things wrong with Texas- the weather, and Texans.
        Pretty sure the list is longer than that, but that should be enough to keep people away!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmack View Post

Not sure how I missed this thread, but F Texas! I've been here 10 years now, and I still hate this place. Hot, mosquitoes, mostly flat, generally boring, lakes suck, coastal areas are generally nasty, it's 20 hours to Glamis, and it's getting flooded with Californians...
          ha! Where in Texas are you?

Comment

Originally posted by WrTundra View Post

ha! Where in Texas are you?
            Dallas. Well, Plano if your familair with DFW.

Comment

Damn TJ, your place looks sick! Love the style and colors. If you came in my place you'd feel right at home, similar styles here.....

Comment

Originally posted by nickc313 View Post
                Dude... Looks so nice! Congrats!. It’s got to feel good having your own space and be able to set it up how you guys want. Digging the “beater” too. you’ll fit right in with the rest of the beamer and Benz crew out there! And eff ya, love the truck gets priority haha so awesome.

Nice work!
                Thanks man. Yeah, it def feels nice to have our own space. We were able to help a good friend and board member last weekend by taking his trailer to my house since the Carr fire was getting close to his place. It felt great to be able to say "hey I have room to park your trailer at my house and we have a guest room for ya in case you need it". And yes, the BMW fits right in here. I'll admit, I actually miss being "that guy" driving around Downtown Palo Alto in the big diesel truck with some Hank blasting. Oh well, I guess I blend a little bit now. I wasn't about to change my politics, guns, etc. so if I had to do one thing that fits in here I guess the car was the least painful. BTW, so far on my commute drives I'm getting a legit 31-32 MPG.

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                Pretty sure it's illegal to park a car in a garage in California, and you have two in there. Other then that the new pad looks killer man. Congrats to you guys.
                Yeah, I'm sure there's some law that says I'm supposed to house eleventeen undocumented families in my garage.

Originally posted by csrosenberry View Post
                Damn TJ, your place looks sick! Love the style and colors. If you came in my place you'd feel right at home, similar styles here.....
                Thanks! We certainly still need some things on the walls and some color, but it's getting there.
                -TJ

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it dune"

Comment

Buying a new home is not a child's play, you have to manage everything, about money and the rentals.

Comment

Working...
                  X