No announcement yet.

So.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great dune trip in the books. Rain, wind, and Saturday was friggin’ perfect weather. Clutch starting to slip and ran out of fuel at pad 3. Luckily bummed some 91 off Aaron to make it back to wash 12. First trip as a family of 4. LRS and Joe ripped past us Saturday with a crap ton of funcos. You could tell the racer had power on tap but for as heavy as LRS’ car is supposed to be it got with it! Only carnage from the trip was a RZR with a grenaded trans
    Attached Files
    East Bound and Down .... To Glamis!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjZ06 View Post
      Right on right on. Say hi to Dave for me - great dude and always such a joy to camp with... is he ever NOT smiling?
      We got to meet Dave this past week, and that was our exact impression too! That guy was always smiling and positive, so much fun to be around.

Originally posted by acefuture View Post
      Got to ride in a Funco for the first time and damn was it impressive. I see what all the hype is about.
      I've never ridden in one, but we went on a few rides with them earlier in the week. LRS and Dave convinced my GF that it is time to upgrade to a bigger car rather than continuing to upgrade my current one, so now she is pressuring me into delaying our boat purchase and just going all in on a Funco!

Comment

• Originally posted by RootBeerFloats View Post
        Another great dune trip in the books. Rain, wind, and Saturday was friggin’ perfect weather. Clutch starting to slip and ran out of fuel at pad 3. Luckily bummed some 91 off Aaron to make it back to wash 12. First trip as a family of 4. LRS and Joe ripped past us Saturday with a crap ton of funcos. You could tell the racer had power on tap but for as heavy as LRS’ car is supposed to be it got with it! Only carnage from the trip was a RZR with a grenaded trans
        Family time in the dunes is the most important thing to me. Making memories with my kids! Believe me, I'm working my ass off trying to keep up with those Funco's and now that Racer.

Originally posted by Schmack View Post
        We got to meet Dave this past week, and that was our exact impression too! That guy was always smiling and positive, so much fun to be around.

I've never ridden in one, but we went on a few rides with them earlier in the week. LRS and Dave convinced my GF that it is time to upgrade to a bigger car rather than continuing to upgrade my current one, so now she is pressuring me into delaying our boat purchase and just going all in on a Funco!
        You're welcome!

I really should have taken Brenda in the dunes but it was such a weird dune 'schedule' without Bill there after Wednesday. We did dune a little on Saturday afternoon. We went to the Hall's camp (I think you and Brenda hung out with us there one night?) and we duned to Flagpole and then Olds. We let Olds around 3pm and went back to RRE to start packing up and we were on the road by 6:30 AM Sunday.
        LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
        RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
        WELDING & FABRICATION
        CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
        FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

• Electrical gremlins got the best of me over thanksgiving...

got there Tuesday night, what a journey! decided to skip red earth because getting 91 is a pain....went to the arco after red earth, and 75% of their pumps were down... major mess, I said screw it we'll go to that new loves in that small town before you get to brawley... well as we roll into town, everything is pitch black! electricity in the whole town was out! wtf! we usually hit the brawley bypass, but this time I had to roll through town, haven't been through in years and had no idea which gas stations would be an easy squeeze. Luckily the station at the end of town had diesel pumps and semi easily accessible regular pumps....phew.

did some good rides on wed... Thurs morning I fire up the car and it dies after 10 seconds... wtf? did it over and over.... I'm thinking relays? I missed the morning go fast ride that day and I was pissed. Put the car in the trailer (rain was coming) and I went to town on diagnosing this damn problem... I am now a semi pro wiring guy. Tested all relays, checked all grounds, tested continuity etc etc etc. Found one slightly lose ground, tightened that up. saw that I was getting 12V to the + going to my key ignition, but when flipped on it would drop to zero. Ended up deciding that the wire must be rubbing on something through the center console from fuse block (back seat center console) up to the dash. I pull the old wire, run a new wire and tadda! we're in action. At this point it was Friday morning lol.

we did a duners diner ride... all good, just need a 5th gear. we had a big party to get ready for, so we didn't do any more rides that day. sat morning we do a ride to swingset... all is good. hang out and let the kids play for a while, time to go, I get in and turn the key, I get nothing. WTF. starter will turn on the second click, but no fuel prime on the first click. Me and several friends go over the car for 1-2 hours, no luck. My wife asked a guy in a older 4x4 chevy truck for a tow, and the guy was game. Sketchy ass tow home... but we made it. Super thankful for that guy, I threw him some cash and lots of silver bullets.

I put the car away and felt betrayed. My super reliable car had just done me dirty. I can't ever look at her the same way again. I'm thinking ECM fried? wiring toast etc etc. well after tinkering in the garage the last few days, testing pins / wires / fuel pumps etc etc, I am narrowing it down thinking chewed up or melted wires somewhere in the loom (that I haven't been able to find yet) so I decide to just try and pull the whole loom out, I remove panels, seat, parts of dash etc to gain access to the center console, and I see a connector down in center console. I was thinking cool, this should make it easier.... It was put there to make the dash more easily removable. Wrong! .... but pretty damn sure I found the problem. It took an hour of prying, and damn near breaking the connector to get it separated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6013.JPG Views:	12 Size:	730.1 KB ID:	31415Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6016.JPG Views:	12 Size:	510.0 KB ID:	31413Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6017.JPG Views:	12 Size:	513.2 KB ID:	31414
          Last edited by Empire231; 12-05-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Empire231 View Post
            Electrical gremlins got the best of me over thanksgiving...

Wrong! .... but pretty damn sure I found the problem. It took an hour of prying, and damn near breaking the connector to get it separated.

Ding! That looks like it'll do it. What wire/s are the ones that are burnt running to/from?

Comment

• Originally posted by acefuture View Post

Ding! That looks like it'll do it. What wire/s are the ones that are burnt running to/from?
              the two hammered wires were the ones that gave me problem.... one is the constant 12v to my key, they other was the wire that went from key to ECU (first click)

have no idea how something like this even happens.... it looks more like corrosion / rust than it does burnt

Comment

• Originally posted by Empire231 View Post

the two hammered wires were the ones that gave me problem.... one is the constant 12v to my key, they other was the wire that went from key to ECU (first click)

have no idea how something like this even happens.... it looks more like corrosion / rust than it does burnt
                Ah gotchya. That's kind of interesting that only those two are corroded. I would imagine they would be but are they fuse protected? At least in one direction? I used all weather-pack connectors when wiring my car. they really seal well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather-Pack-6-Contact-Female-Tower-38049_f.png
Views:	75
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	31419

Comment

• Originally posted by acefuture View Post

Ah gotchya. That's kind of interesting that only those two are corroded. I would imagine they would be but are they fuse protected? At least in one direction? I used all weather-pack connectors when wiring my car. they really seal well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather-Pack-6-Contact-Female-Tower-38049_f.png
Views:	75
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	31419
                  first one that failed was fuse protected (constant 12v) the second wire goes straight to ECM.

Comment

• 12/11 through 12/16 anyone?

let’s get weird

Comment

• Originally posted by nickc313 View Post
                      12/11 through 12/16 anyone?

let’s get weird
                      Dammit I wish I could. Next trip is Xmas - 30th

Comment

• Originally posted by nickc313 View Post
                        12/11 through 12/16 anyone?

let’s get weird
                        I'm off 12/13 to 12/15. Maybeeeee...
                        LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                        RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                        WELDING & FABRICATION
                        CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

• We will be there 13-15

Comment

• I’ll be out there 13-15 and 19-23. Thinking of leaving the rig out there for the week 3 days I’m at work.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                              I really should have taken Brenda in the dunes but it was such a weird dune 'schedule' without Bill there after Wednesday.
                              She'll survive. It works out better for me financially this way!

I'll be back out the 20th until Dec 31. Unfortunately that will most likely be my last trip of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmack View Post

She'll survive. It works out better for me financially this way!

I'll be back out the 20th until Dec 31. Unfortunately that will most likely be my last trip of the season.
                                Just realized the kid's last day of school before the holiday break is Friday, Dec 20th so I'll see if they're cool missing that day so we can come out the 20th to 22nd, then I have to work through the 26th and we are back 27th to Jan 6th.

You know where we'll be, cruise by.
                                LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                                RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                                WELDING & FABRICATION
                                CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Working...
                                X