Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.......

How was it? L.R.S. Grey Mamba Dzrtrun nickc313 jc_whipsandjacks
    I was struggling all weekend that you guys were there and I was at home doing CVs...

I got to sneak out for a quickie. When I pulled up it looked like dzrtrun and lrs got the best spots in glamis Locked down for the seaso . And I weaseled my way in

trip breakdown went like this- pulled into glamis Thursday by 7pm maybe? Had a beverage then megaman came and picked me up and took me to pad 3. To uhh... drink dinner and party.

Next thing you know LrS and dzrtrun head baxk to RRE and I’m stranded on pad3 drinking jungle juice or some shit with a bunch of people I never met. It was awesome. Until we got juiced up enough to play the stab sharp knifes between your finger game... that didn’t go well lol.

I hitched a ride back to RR and found LrS still awake so we cocktailed some more and had a cigar shootin the jive. It was a solid night drinking and bsing looking at his new racer in the sand.

I woke up up early to take my trailer to GDS to get my stickers and fill her up with some h2o. Got back to camp around 9am and dzrtrun decided it was beer30 so I guess we had some beers. Then socialized with some other RR peeps. Saw the owner of whipple sand jeeps do a few hot laps in front of us. Then saw that same dude break the whole front a-arm in half over some sand mound. We had a beer and watched him deal with that.

Greymamba rolled up wnd it was cool to put a face to a name with him. He’s got a bitchin first car for sure. He got to go for a hot lap with both LRS and dzrtrun and seeing the smile on his face reminded me not to take these “big cars” for granted. We get so used to our cars and always wanting more, sometimes we need to take a step back and see where we came from and how truly bad ass these cars are.

We had some more beverages and socialized until it was time for the afternoon ride. I unfortunately had to bail back to phx for work the next day but it was a fun 24 hour trip setting up the ol ghost camp

ill be back out Wednesday for the week with the box trailer and Buggy to really have some fun and watch the shit show.

Cant. Freakin. Wait.

Comment

It sucked so bad I'm doing it again this weekend to see if this is really the life for me.

Or, it was a great trip and I had a blast. I kinda did a write up in my Prep thread but here's more-

nickc313 showed up whatever night that was while we were partying with some friends on Pad 3. I was chilling in the RV due to it being super windy outside and all of a sudden Nick walks in. That's when shit got weird. I don't even know what we were drinking but it tasted like a glass full of bad decisions. The knife finger game stated and I remembered why I camp at RRE. We ended up outside watching a bunch of drunks try to get a fire going in 30mph winds (not a tjZ06 approved time for a fire) and after a little while Dzrtrun and I checked out, maybe 10pm, cause we're old, and left Nick with his new found friends. I know you never leave a man behind but he seemed to be in his element and ready to throw back whateverthefuckweweredrinking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191017_204203.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	30975

The drive back to RRE was, well, interesting. It was windy so I had my eyes barely open and at some point I noticed there were very large dunes to our right. Where dafaq are we? I asked Bill and he said he was pretty sure we were headed the right direction. At least the moon as on our left so we were headed south. When I got back to RRE I caught my second wind and coincidentally the wind wasn't as bad on the south side of my RV. I made a drink, lit a cigar grabbed a chair. I heard a truck pull up and there was Nick again. I just couldn't get away from this dude. Might as well make the most of it and get him a beer and a cigar. Even though Nick and I have known each other for a while, and have more acquaintances than I can remember, we have never sat down and BS'd. Turns out he knows EVERYONE in Glamis, including most of my clients so we had plenty of gossip to share with each other. I tapped out an hour later with the excuse that I had to be back at Pad 3 for a test and tune on my buddies Racer at 8:30 am.

Name:	20191018_082258.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	30976
      My phone rang at 7:55 am telling me Danzio was early. Eff me. I headed down there and stayed till around 11 am, then back to RRE to have an overdue cocktail.

Testing went really really well...

Name:	20191018_100001.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	30977

We were chilling at Vegas Dave's RV (unofficial Mayor of Roadrunner) and Scott Whipple of Whipple Sand Jeeps was making trophy passes on the west side of RRE. Then he hit a little berm and launched his jeep. THis Jeep has the co -owner of Danzio, Josh Daniel's old twin turbo engine in it. Then we heard someone say "...does he need a tow...?" We walked that way and sure as shit the front arm was snapped in half.

Name:	20191018_121714.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	30978

Name:	20191018_121631.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	30979

That's when Grey Mamba showed up. He and I have never been in Glamis at the same time so we made the most of it and I took him for a ride in my car. I'll let him chime in on how that went...

Name:	20191018_123208.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	30980

Name:	20191018_142430.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	30981

Name:	20191019_141229.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	5.68 MB
ID:	30982

Name:	20191018_153858.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	641.6 KB
ID:	30983

I think I stole a dog.

LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
      WELDING & FABRICATION
      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
      FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
        ...left Nick with his new found friends. I know you never leave a man behind but he seemed to be in his element and ready to throw back whateverthefuckweweredrinking..
        Getting weird with randos is 110% Nick's element, I'm sure he was fine.

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
        ...I think I stole a dog...
        See what happens when I don't go with my dogs...

-TJ

-TJ

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it dune"

Comment

so jelly

can't wait to get out there

Comment

Epic! Both of those stories are hilarious. Didn't realize you were going out there Nick until I saw an insta story of you riding the color. I shoulda charged out for the night too, but there's still work to be done on my car...

Car looked awesome in the sand Jeff, how the hell did that happen to your wheel?

I guess that's why they call it "testing" huh? Try to push the car you built hard enough to see what the weak points are before you build a ton of them. Glad to see that it didn't end worse for that Whipple Sand Jeep.

Comment

It’s been a rough couple days at work. Both the bills (dzrtrun and White Funco bill) are out there together... I’ll just say this is similar to the blind leading the drunk type scenario going on lol...

The amount of phone calls/texts I’ve gotten saying “BRING MORE CLAMATOS” and pics of their funcos harparked in the sand is killing me lol. Shaping up to be a fun trip out there. T-minus 24 hours for me

Name:	06AE6266-6AFA-4308-811A-2FDAEF12DEC9.jpeg
Views:	347
Size:	790.9 KB
ID:	30999

Comment

I beat Blackzilla HAHAHAHAHA

Cant you see me I'm behind the wall of roost

JC Whips and Shyt For all your whip and Sand Jack Needs
                Check out my Instagram jc_whipsandshyt
                858-692-7211

Comment

I had a good time Met up with Bill, Dave and Jeff. I gave Grey Mamba a hard time for have crappy whips. Dzrtrun was kind enough to let me passenger in the Megaman. Super fun car turns on a dime. We hung out at sunset hill for a bit that was fun. Then my buddy from AZ showed up and we proceeded with the shake down of both cars. We didn't make it far be for the new to him Amplified Performance was over heating the fans eventually quit all together so we ended up in my car taking easy all day. I am super happy with the new power I am making. Just enough to float the front tires up olds and definitely an improvement over last season. According to the phone gps I was 110 at the end of the drags, that's the fastest I have ever been in a sand car. I'm pretty sure I need new paddles, the initial hit feels like it blows the tires off and then after about 1 sec they catch again and the car picks up speed

L.R.S. rocking his whipsandshyt whips
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191022_062926_949.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.9 KB ID:	31002

This super clean AC sporting his Whipsandshyt Whip (maybe nickc313 will take the hint)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191019_174741.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.49 MB ID:	31003Click image for larger version  Name:	20191019_114148.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	31004Click image for larger version  Name:	20191019_105247.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	31005

Megaman looking sharp

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191018_174349.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	31006
                  858-692-7211

Comment

Sounds like a good weekend jc_whipsandjacks congrats on the success with your car. Ever figure out what was wrong with the amplified? Relays take a dump? or shot wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by nickc313 View Post
                      It’s been a rough couple days at work. Both the bills (dzrtrun and White Funco bill) are out there together... I’ll just say this is similar to the blind leading the drunk type scenario going on lol...

The amount of phone calls/texts I’ve gotten saying “BRING MORE CLAMATOS” and pics of their funcos harparked in the sand is killing me lol. Shaping up to be a fun trip out there. T-minus 24 hours for me

Name:	06AE6266-6AFA-4308-811A-2FDAEF12DEC9.jpeg
Views:	347
Size:	790.9 KB
ID:	30999
                      2 guys that drink silver bullets, one switching to blue cans, and the other has a fridge full of em.... Wish I could make it out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by acefuture View Post

2 guys that drink silver bullets, one switching to blue cans, and the other has a fridge full of em.... Wish I could make it out this weekend
                        Haaaa. Bone out for a day trip. Can ride with me and drink my bullets and crash on the couch. Plenty of food and shit just sneak out for a quickie

Comment

Somebody want to pull my BFD out and give me a couch to crash on? Maybe I can get it sold. I know it's super ghey but I kinda want to see the SxS blog arm-drop drags at Olds too.

-TJ

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it dune"

Comment

Originally posted by acefuture View Post
                            Sounds like a good weekend jc_whipsandjacks congrats on the success with your car. Ever figure out what was wrong with the amplified? Relays take a dump? or shot wiring?
                            The wiring had a bunch of corrosion which intern took out the fans
                            858-692-7211

Comment

Well I had quite the first day of the season. My friends were lagging as usual and weren't showing up until Friday night. So I hit up L.R.S. and he told me to roll over to RRE from wash 6.

I cruise my buggy over to roadrunner and see his fresh prerunner sitting pretty in front of the box trailer. BAD ASS!

I knock on LRS's moho...nothing. Walk over to the next moho....meet Bill Dzrtrun ......he says LRS is over in the red toy hauler. Crack my first BL of the season, and knock on the red toy hauler......he says LRS is in the moho next to his. Knock on that moho and he says LRS is over by the sand jeep over yonder. So I walk up on the group of people talking by the sand jeep and they describe how it launched over a mound and snapped the arm. I meet nickc313 for the first time. Still looking around and I see a guy on a knee analyzing the damage to the jeep. Boom, has to be LRS. I walk up, give him a bro hug, and we head back to the chairs and start drinking.

And drinking.

And I emphatically tell them that I need a ride in each car, and I want the full experience. They oblige.

First was LRS's prerunner:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191018_133034.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	31021

First time I've been in a car with 12.5" front tires. Man, they really smooth out the ride. He starts taking me on a hot lap around RRE and over the rollers on sand highway. I cant believe how much travel this car has. He is romping over everything, bushes and roots included (see bent wheel pic) and we hit 95 mph pretty quickly. I have a vision of hammering whoops through the Baja 500.

But I'm not used to this kind of ride.....and soon I begin to have visions of my 3 kids....and I tap out! Yes, I bitched out, I got scared. There, I said it.

I told him to keep it under 75 mph until the end please.

This effing car is crazy. So much droop in the suspension felt squirrely to me. LRS reassured me that it's the suspension doing it's job.

Got back to camp, huge smile, shit in my pants, and resumed the BL drinking.

Next was DZRTRUN's Funco:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191018_135545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	31018

Every kid dreams of getting a ride in this car, right? It's the one...has all the hype, bells and whistles, a pair of turbos, fancy paint job. I'm ready to slide.

I open the door, buckle in, and he hits a switch and the bags pump up. Sexy.

First move is rushing up to a big bush around 60 mph, and we literally did a tight 180 around it and proceeded immediately into a long wheelie. So sweet!!

Next we head into a some of the nearby dunes and this car is carving and sliding so effortlessly, and without any body roll. It reminded me of being on a slick track with a go kart, and basically turning on a pivot. Except this go kart has 1000 hp! The wheelies give a jolt of excitement, but for me, dune carving and sliding really puts the smile on my face. I thought the Funco was worth they hype. And I kept my pants clean.

Next was the Racer:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191018_161911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	31019
                              I was told it had 1600 hp or something ridiculous like that. I wasn't buying it - figured it was the beer talking and increasing the HP about 200 hp per beer. I meet Joe, the owner, and a couple of minutes later I insist on a ride. We drink a coldie first, watch LRS beat on his bent wheel, and then buckle into the Racer.

Another car with all the bells and whistles, but I can immediately feel the next level power. We were going over the rollers at a reasonable 80 mph'ish, and then he stabs the throttle straight into a 90 mph wheelie! And without any effort. So smooth and effortless. Pretty quickly cranks it up over 100 mph and we're just hauling ass. Suspension dialed in. MONEY!

We got back and I had a text from jc_whipsandjacks saying he was close and wanted to hang. 20 minutes later he pulled up and we all went on a group dune ride. Ended up closing down the Ledge for sunset and I went home to wash 6.

Kind of a bucket list day for me. I mean, I'm a LS1/2D guy with combos and 930's. I shouldn't even be allowed in Glamis, right?!?!

Thanks guys for the ride and nice to meet you. See you out there soon.

Nick, save me a spot in your Alumicraft.....I promise to keep the seat clean.

-Mamba, out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191018_145805.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	31020
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Grey Mamba; 10-23-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X