No announcement yet.

Sand Sport Super Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a long time since I’ve been. If I’m going to make a purchase of say $1500 do I need to bring cash or will a card be accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by acefuture View Post
      How much is a booth? Would be kinda funny to get a D&D booth and bring in a huuuuge cooler full of beer. If everyone chipped in on the booth it would probably be cheaper than everyone paying for beer all day....
      acefuture You can put EP's Alumicraft in front of the booth, because God knows he isn't taking it out to prerun Ridgecrest haha

Comment

Originally posted by Megan's Dad View Post
        Been a long time since I’ve been. If I’m going to make a purchase of say $1500 do I need to bring cash or will a card be accepted?
        Most people take card, but you can usually make better deals and negotiate with cash.

Comment

No go for us this year. That's the same weekend as thunderboats

Comment

Most vendors take both. Like Reece said, sometimes you can avoid taxes and save a few bucks if you bring cash. You got your eye on anything in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              I will not be in the Weddle booth this year. Thank you sweet baby Jesus that I don't have to deal with all of you "internet experts" this year! LOL.

You will all have to go hassle my sales team about everything you can think of, gotta keep them on their toes. They are all pretty new so don't scare them too bad, I need them to stick around here for awhile.

In all seriousness though, I do enjoy this show. It is 100 MPH for us starting on Monday getting the booth all mocked up here at the shop, tearing it down, loading into the trailer Thursday night, drive down Friday morning and set it all back up in time for the doors to open. Then talking and BSing with all you drunk f**kers all weekend, having some booth beers at the end of the day. Tear down Sunday evening, 2 hour drive home and crash out for a good 8 hours just to show back up at the shop bright and early Monday morning to unload the trailer and get back to work.

It does always feel like the official kick-off for sand/desert season and everyone is excited to get back out and get dirty.

Since you won’t be holding down the booth that means you get to go as a spectator and enjoy it for once! I love catching a good buzz and swinging by the booth to talk about trannys with y’all like I know what I’m talking about lol

ive always wondered which one of these vendors benefits from this show the most? Who brings home the most money after a weekend like this? Or I guess it’s about bringing in prospective customers down the line. Like if tatum gets 4 people to build a new car their 10k (total guess here) weekend to set the booth up brings 1mil worth of new cars...

Does weddle sell much at the show or just lines up customers for parts/rebuilds down the road?

Comment

Originally posted by nickc313 View Post

Most vendors take both. Like Reece said, sometimes you can avoid taxes and save a few bucks if you bring cash. You got your eye on anything in particular?
                Rim Tire package for Razor. 14” rim with 30” tire. Not to particular about rim but want Tensor tires.

Comment

Rim Tire package for Razor. 14” rim with 30” tire. Not to particular about rim but want Tensor tires.
                  These will be a dime a dozen at the show. There will be TONS of vendors offering this package. Don’t blow your money at the first one you see, shop for the best price. I’m guessing you can get 4 beadlock rims/tensor tires for a grand. Unless you want the latest and greatest rim... but I’d say 4 standard methods or fuels and the 30” tensor regulators-1k ish

edit to add- If you’re out of AZ hit up Damian at sxs addicts and he will get you a smoking deal. Pretty sure he’ll be at the SSSS if you’re not az tho

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                    Anyone looking to buy PCI stuff and take advantage of the SSSS deals get a hold of me. I get pretty good pricing at the show and I'm happy to pass those savings on to you guys. Last year I think I was around $5k on Saturday alone. Only downside is my sales chick got Alleigh got knocked up (by her husband) and I don't think she'll be at the show this year. I'll hit her up to see who my temp sales guy/girl will be.
                    I'll hit you up. I need to pick up a couple of things.

Comment

Originally posted by cali kid View Post
                      I'll hit you up. I need to pick up a couple of things.
                      Cool man.
                      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                      WELDING & FABRICATION
                      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
                      FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by nickc313 View Post

Since you won’t be holding down the booth that means you get to go as a spectator and enjoy it for once! I love catching a good buzz and swinging by the booth to talk about trannys with y’all like I know what I’m talking about lol

ive always wondered which one of these vendors benefits from this show the most? Who brings home the most money after a weekend like this? Or I guess it’s about bringing in prospective customers down the line. Like if tatum gets 4 people to build a new car their 10k (total guess here) weekend to set the booth up brings 1mil worth of new cars...

Does weddle sell much at the show or just lines up customers for parts/rebuilds down the road?
                        I'll be at home either either waiting for baby to arrive or on actual baby watch, depends on when she want's to join us. If all is well and good, I should be able to run the Off-Road expo at the end of the month in Pomona.

We don't sell anything at the show itself, very rarely do we actually make a trans sale even within a week of the show. But it did happen last year with a very nice couple that got tired of blowing up their 2D and decided to drop money on an HV-24. They drove up on Monday after the show and paid their 50% deposit cash and told us they needed it for Halloween weekend, we just barely got them going in time.

These shows for us are really more of a face time kind of a deal and meeting our customer base. Most people do not have the kind of cash laying around to simply buy a trans right then and there. We mostly deal with a lot of tech questions, the most popular being: "I have a 2D in my rail, what can I do to upgrade it?".

People start planning their build years in advance, we are one of the first stops along with engine builders. Once that is figured out, it might be a year or two before they actually place a deposit and order the trans they want.

Comment

This show kicks ass. I've been going the last 4 years and it gets better every year. I'll be there Saturday and hope to run into a few of you. The wife and kids usually last till about noon then pick me up later.

I'm looking to get 2-4 PCI headsets, an antenna and coax cable, and a headset bag. Also want to get 2 XL80s if anyone has a hook up on those.

Comment

This year I'm trying something different. We usually drive down Saturday morning and walk the show with the kids a few times and head home around 3-4pm. Seems like the show is getting bigger and bigger every year and a bunch of friends are getting hotels or staying at Newport Dunes RV Park. I looked into the RV park and it's like $300 so eff that. I booked a room at the Ayers Hotel. @dzrturun and MRSDZRTRUN are staying there and some other friends are staying a few miles away at the BLVD. Guess I should go online and buy the Sat and Sun passes now too. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you peeps over the two days! Also looking forward to some drinks Saturday evening!
                            LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                            RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                            WELDING & FABRICATION
                            CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Annnnd of course I buy 4 two day passes for the SSSS and the very next morning my daughter tells me she can't go now. She made the Cheer Squad last Tuesday and this Tuesday they announce a 'Cheer Camp' this weekend. She's bummed and I'm pissed, but can't let her know that.

So, does anyone need/want a Sat/Sun two day pass for free? I should be there around 10-10:30 am Saturday.
                              LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                              RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                              WELDING & FABRICATION
                              CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                                Annnnd of course I buy 4 two day passes for the SSSS and the very next morning my daughter tells me she can't go now. She made the Cheer Squad last Tuesday and this Tuesday they announce a 'Cheer Camp' this weekend. She's bummed and I'm pissed, but can't let her know that.

So, does anyone need/want a Sat/Sun two day pass for free? I should be there around 10-10:30 am Saturday.
                                I'll take it but won't get there till around noon.
                                Too old to remember...

Comment

Working...
                                X