Glamis Campfire Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glamis Campfire Permit

Glamis Mike shared on instagram that they are now ticketing if you do not have a campfire permit. Always been a rule but they are now enforcing it. Permit is free and takes 5 minutes to complete.

http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

"Don't give the prick the satisfaction."
    -Gunny Highway (Clint Eastwood), Heartbreak Ridge
    East Bound and Down .... To Glamis!!!

Guess I'll cave in and get one. Also bringing a sandrail out that has AZ street plates so I will need to get a temp CA tag for that too.
    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
    WELDING & FABRICATION
    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
    FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

It's ridiculous, but you're right. Only took 5 minutes.

Comment

There's a quiz?!!!!!

Comment

Is this what freedom feels like?

Comment

This is lame! Next year there will be a fee associated with the permit, I’m sure
            Anything off-road and I'm in!

Comment

Free this year, I'm sure there will be a charge next year. Just another tax...
              -TJ

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it dune"

Comment

Got mine. I'm such a rule follower.

Comment

Something I just noticed, permit expires 12/31 of the year printed. So are BLM going to be dickheads and checking everyone New Year's night because most people don't have a computer and printer in their rigs? Just thought I'd mention it ....
                  East Bound and Down .... To Glamis!!!

Comment

Got mine done and printed it. Not the worst thing in the world.
                    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                    WELDING & FABRICATION
                    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
                    FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                      Got mine done and printed it. Not the worst thing in the world.
                      I agree, but the fired-up (or should I say, "woke" ) libertarian in me doesn't. I'll do it, because I want to be drunk around a camp fire and not deal with a LEO. But there's a part of me that wonders when we'll need a permit to take a deep breath...
                      -TJ

Comment

Originally posted by tjZ06 View Post

I agree, but the fired-up (or should I say, "woke" ) libertarian in me doesn't. I'll do it, because I want to be drunk around a camp fire and not deal with a LEO. But there's a part of me that wonders when we'll need a permit to take a deep breath...
                        And I got mine...
                        -TJ

Comment

One important thing I noticed: these jackasses made the campfire permit expire on Dec 31 of the year it was issued. I don't know about most of you, but my NY trip will extend beyond Dec 31. Many years we've actually had a printer in the RV, but I don't think we will this year. So, I went ahead and printed the version with today's date and then modified it with Jan 1st 2018 and printed again. I made a few copies of each and will keep them in the RV, trailer and all the vehicles (we take the RZR out and have a fire sometimes). Super annoying.

Also, something to think about: this gives LEOs an excuse to make contact ANY time you have a fire, ANY. So if you do like a fire down by the canal, make sure you're just sipping on Yoo-hoos (unless you walked down there).
                          -TJ

Comment

Originally posted by tjZ06 View Post
                            One important thing I noticed: these jackasses made the campfire permit expire on Dec 31 of the year it was issued. I don't know about most of you, but my NY trip will extend beyond Dec 31. Many years we've actually had a printer in the RV, but I don't think we will this year. So, I went ahead and printed the version with today's date and then modified it with Jan 1st 2018 and printed again. I made a few copies of each and will keep them in the RV, trailer and all the vehicles (we take the RZR out and have a fire sometimes). Super annoying.

Also, something to think about: this gives LEOs an excuse to make contact ANY time you have a fire, ANY. So if you do like a fire down by the canal, make sure you're just sipping on Yoo-hoos (unless you walked down there).
                            And not just a fire, a bbq, gas stove or gas fire pit too

Comment

I could just see a ranger rolling up at 0001 on Jan 1st and asking for campfire permits...
                              -TJ

Comment

Working...
                              X