No announcement yet.

Prep job on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes sense on the pumpers for a switch in the rear. I was just questioning it because I like the functionality of not having a bunch of fuses or breakers for everything in the car, and putting the pumper on it's own switch kind of eliminates that benefit. Even though the switch can just be a breaker itself.

Last season I drove with a helmet on a few times. I like it on the long trips from Gordon's to Glamis and back because there was zero wind in my face. But it also does get pretty hot. Reecepettersen runs pumpers in his car and when we were prerunning the SNORE 250 it actually made the side of my head really cold. But it was also like 45 degrees outside.

I completely understand how a large, completely boxed bulkhead could cause the meeting points of the tubes to twist. I'll take a look at the other DB.com cars I see in the dunes to see if they've done anything to remedy that. Doesn't seem necessary in the sand. There's a really bitchin one in my Aunt's camp i'll check out next time we are all out there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55498141_1543512325781752_8258613294298824704_o.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	30572

Comment

• Originally posted by acefuture View Post
      Makes sense on the pumpers for a switch in the rear. I was just questioning it because I like the functionality of not having a bunch of fuses or breakers for everything in the car, and putting the pumper on it's own switch kind of eliminates that benefit. Even though the switch can just be a breaker itself.

Last season I drove with a helmet on a few times. I like it on the long trips from Gordon's to Glamis and back because there was zero wind in my face. But it also does get pretty hot. Reecepettersen runs pumpers in his car and when we were prerunning the SNORE 250 it actually made the side of my head really cold. But it was also like 45 degrees outside.

I completely understand how a large, completely boxed bulkhead could cause the meeting points of the tubes to twist. I'll take a look at the other DB.com cars I see in the dunes to see if they've done anything to remedy that. Doesn't seem necessary in the sand. There's a really bitchin one in my Aunt's camp i'll check out next time we are all out there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	55498141_1543512325781752_8258613294298824704_o.jpg Views:	18 Size:	184.9 KB ID:	30572
      Don't think I've ever seen that DB car. Looks bitchen. Reminds me of a Tatum Aero with the body covering the shocks. KATG wanted to do something similar on my car but I insisted on access to the bypasses so they could be adjusted.

Because of my racing 'career' I have more miles in the desert with a helmet on than without. I can take it or leave it. It's like when people ask about windshield preference. Makes no difference to me. I'm just as comfortable with a windshield as without. I have gotten pretty used to duning with only sunglasses on though.

Stopped by JAX shop today to drop off my new lights and figured I should pull the new intake tube, skid plate and air filter mount I made off of the car so I can have them powder coated. I'll drop that stuff off tomorrow and should have it back next week sometime.
      Last edited by L.R.S.; 09-27-2019, 04:20 AM.
      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
      WELDING & FABRICATION
      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
      FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

• Why not PC the all the panels too? I know you are wrapping them them but the back sides will still be bare and look way better pc'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Another 1sl View Post
          Why not PC the all the panels too? I know you are wrapping them them but the back sides will still be bare and look way better pc'd.
          I'm going to vinyl line the inside of the panels.
          LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
          RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
          WELDING & FABRICATION
          CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

• Got a call from JAX the other day and he said SwitchPro doesn't have any of the older 8100 units so I need to buy two newer 9100's or just eliminate the rear pumper switch. $1000 to have both pumpers on the front switch panel is kinda ridiculous. I told him I had another idea- buy a new pumper from PCI with 4 outlets on it and run it off of one switch. He agreed that was a better idea. As of today I'm still getting my dealer discount and the 10% SSSS discount at PCI so I ordered a new pumper for $200. I can sell my other two and recoup that, or put them on a shelf for the next 5 years like I tend to do with my old parts.

I was thumbing through Instagram this morning, my usual routine, and noticed I had a new follower- SwitchPro. Cool, I run their stuff so I followed back. Then JAX called me and said he was talking to SwitchPro this morning and they asked if I would be interested in installing two of their newest switch panels if they were free, like a sponsored deal. Uh, well, hmm, FUCK YEAH!!! JAX said he'd call them back and say I'm up for it. No idea what the details are and I can't imagine it has much to do with my IG account, I don't have that many followers but whatever. Free is free.

Forgot to post the pics of my latest stuff that went to powder coat-

Name:	20190926_164541.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	30651 I can't put this beat-up thing back on the car so it's getting coated 50% gloss black to match everything else.

I drilled the rivets for the clamps that hold the top on.

Name:	20190926_164821.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	4.68 MB
ID:	30652

Name:	20190926_164843.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	30653

Name:	20190926_164724.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	30654R2C canister and top cap, R2C bracket I welded up, new air intake tube, exhaust bezel and skid plate are all at the PC shop. Hoping to have them back this week.
            LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
            RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
            WELDING & FABRICATION
            CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

• dang, being IG famous is paying off! sweet deal.

Comment

• Damn. Now that you're a "sponsored driver" can you get bro deals for all your bros? I could use a Switch Pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post
                  I was thumbing through Instagram this morning, my usual routine, and noticed I had a new follower- SwitchPro. Cool, I run their stuff so I followed back. Then JAX called me and said he was talking to SwitchPro this morning and they asked if I would be interested in installing two of their newest switch panels if they were free, like a sponsored deal. Uh, well, hmm, FUCK YEAH!!!
                  Look at you being a social media "Influencer"! Can't wait to subscribe to the LRS Garage Youtube channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Empire231 View Post
                    dang, being IG famous is paying off! sweet deal.
                    I'm far from 'famous' but having ~4k followers is pretty cool. But I also get the scammers sliding into my DM's daily. And no one ever sends me (*)(*).

Originally posted by kazuaki View Post
                    Damn. Now that you're a "sponsored driver" can you get bro deals for all your bros? I could use a Switch Pro.
                    We shall see...

Originally posted by Schmack View Post

Look at you being a social media "Influencer"! Can't wait to subscribe to the LRS Garage Youtube channel.
                    I tease my son and daughter about me being an 'influencer' and they hate it. I usually reply with a smart ass remark about them staring at their iPhones that LRS Inc. pays for...
                    LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                    RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                    WELDING & FABRICATION
                    CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

• Got the call from JAX today and my car should be done early tomorrow (Tuesday) so I'm going to get it! I was starting to sweat a little because I still have a few things to wrap up and install before my first trip to Glamis next Wednesday. I asked him whatever happened to the Switch Pro deal he mentioned last week and he said they gave me a two for one so I could upgrade to their lastest switch panels and have more than enough spots for any future electrical upgrades. I'm stoked with that deal. JAX was one of the first guys to really push their products when they first hit the market so they take care of him when they can.

When I leave JAX I'm going straight to Mike's Tint Shop in Orange, CA. If anyone remembers the red Tatum 5 seat sand truck in their booth at the SSSS like 3 years ago, that belongs to Mike. I did a bunch of transports taking it back to Tatum for warranty work (no surprise there) and eventually a blown up Venom engine (again, no surprise). Thinking back, this is another point of contention between Tatum and myself- I picked up the truck with no engine because it was taken apart and Mike was not using Venom for the rebuild, he went with a Danzio TT on E85. It also made sense because Mike lives near Dazio. And to really rub it in their faces I bought Mike's blown up Venom engine (after they had to ship it all to Danzio) and rebuilt it into a 502cui for SuperHunky .

Long story longer- I was walking out of Kartek the other day and ran into Mike. We bullshitted for a few minutes and I asked if he was interested in doing the wrap on my car. He said he'd love to handle it as soon as I was ready. He needs it for about 5 days. I hit him up this morning and said I should have the car at his shop tomorrow. Can't. Fucking. Wait.
                      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                      WELDING & FABRICATION
                      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

• Nice! Just in time for some glamour shots in Glamis next week???

Comment

• I’m pretty sure I work out with the owner of that tiny shop’s wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by LLCoolJT View Post
                            I’m pretty sure I work out with the owner of that tiny shop’s wife.
                            Ex-wife maybe.
                            LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                            RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                            WELDING & FABRICATION
                            CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

• Originally posted by L.R.S. View Post

Ex-wife maybe.
                              Oh word.... I never asked. But could be. I’m talking about the owner of the tint shop.

Comment

• Originally posted by LLCoolJT View Post

Oh word.... I never asked. But could be. I’m talking about the owner of the tint shop.
                                Oh shit, thought you meant Jack from JAX Motorsports. Mike from Mike's Tint Shop is married, far as I know. I used to service his Tatum sand truck at his house in Riverside. Bitchen place on a couple acres. Picking up my car tomorrow and taking it to Mike's so he can check out how the wrap will go. I just need a hard $$$ number so I can decide if it's in the budget or not. Ha ha, budget...

Got this pic from JAX today...

Name:	128651.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	923.2 KB
ID:	30760He was cutting the dash for the dual Swith Pro panels.

I thought about making a punch list for the electrical stuff I wanted Jack to handle while it was in his shop. And I never did, cause I'm not that smart. Jack isn't easy to get an appointment with so I'd like to have as much stuff done as possible while it's there. I'd think of something I wanted to ask him to add and then I'd forget, then remember, and forget. It's a vicious cycle. In a thread on GD asking about trans pump for a Mendeola 2D (not necessary), I thought about my pump that I've never ever once heard come on (it's obnoxiously LOUD). I have a trans temp gauge and I've never seen it above 165*. The thermo switch should turn it on at 185* (I think?) so it's made sense to me all these years. But then I thought, shit, my trans fluid is NEVER going through the trans filter. That ain't right. So I thought that this season I'd hot wire the pump and run it for a couple of minutes when I get back from a dune run so the diff fluid would be filtered. Or, I could make a call to Jack and ask him to use one of the 6 unused switches on the Switch Pro to manually turn the pump ON/OFF. I'm an effing genius! I shot him a text and he said no problemo, he'd make it happen.

I called him when I was leaving KATG's shop this afternoon and I said if the car wasn't ready I could pick it up tomorrow (Wednesday). He said that would be better for him, so fingers crossed he calls me tomorrow and says to come get it.
                                LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
                                RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
                                WELDING & FABRICATION
                                CAD DESIGN & WATER JET

Comment

Working...
                                X