No announcement yet.

Prepping a Mosebilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. Just found this thread and was excited to see what happened to my old car as I hadn't seen it since I sold it a long time ago (2012 ish I think). Just wanted to shed some light on a few things. There is a Rancho sticker on the trans that was not there when I sold the car. Not sure what they worked on, but that silicone on the boots was not there when I owned the car, and I assume the extra ball wasn't either. The motor was built by CBM and hopped up a bit but was built to run on pump gas. 600ish hp estimate. The MSD coils were installed by CBM when the motor was built. They were a "upgrade" so to speak and I added them because I thought they looked alot better than the stock ones. I did in fact have a couple of them fail during the 4 seasons I had the car. I put thousands of miles on that car in both the hardpack and sand, and I will be the first to admit that I was not the best at preventative maintenance. When I sold it, one of the main reasons is that it needed to be prepped just like LRS did and I didn't want to spend the money as I was losing interest. The car was a beast and am stocked to see how well it has held up for the new owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfndune View Post
      Hey guys. Just found this thread and was excited to see what happened to my old car as I hadn't seen it since I sold it a long time ago (2012 ish I think). Just wanted to shed some light on a few things. There is a Rancho sticker on the trans that was not there when I sold the car. Not sure what they worked on, but that silicone on the boots was not there when I owned the car, and I assume the extra ball wasn't either. The motor was built by CBM and hopped up a bit but was built to run on pump gas. 600ish hp estimate. The MSD coils were installed by CBM when the motor was built. They were a "upgrade" so to speak and I added them because I thought they looked alot better than the stock ones. I did in fact have a couple of them fail during the 4 seasons I had the car. I put thousands of miles on that car in both the hardpack and sand, and I will be the first to admit that I was not the best at preventative maintenance. When I sold it, one of the main reasons is that it needed to be prepped just like LRS did and I didn't want to spend the money as I was losing interest. The car was a beast and am stocked to see how well it has held up for the new owner.
      I'm pretty sure I remember seeing you in this car in Ocotillo Wells way back in the day, maybe Easter or Thanksgiving weekends. This car really stood out.

I was told by Bruce at CBM that this was someone else's engine and built right next to his old 2 seat Mosebilt (before he was building his own stuff) and it is a badass LS7. Can't remember who he said built it but I'll ask him when I'm there next week. I put those CBM valve covers on for the current owner (probably who you sold it to) so most people assume it's a CBM built engine.

Those MSD coil packs SUCK! I worked on a Tatum that was losing power and we found it had two bad MSD coils. I got some from CBM for free cause they had a box full of them that they had replaced with stock GM packs.

Glad to hear you didn't silicone those CV boots. Seems like it was a repair done while in the dunes, and probably why there was an extra ball in the boot. I did this full prep on the car and the owner intended to put it up for sale but I don't think he ever did. It's probably still sitting in his garage in Oxnard where I delivered it. It's too bad because it's a really nice car.
      LIEVENSE RACE SERVICES
      RACE & PLAY CAR PREP
      WELDING & FABRICATION
      CAD DESIGN & WATER JET
      FULLY INSURED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Comment

Working...
      X